Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any1 read the new

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazin_blazer, Nov 28, 2005.

1. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

Petersen's 4 Wheel & Offroad about www.stak4x4.com ...and their 3 stick 3 speed transfer...yepper....1 to1, 3.08 to1, and a 5.13to 1 .........5 sum'n to one sounds like people might be able to have their cake and eat it to super low on the trail and a decent gear on hi way...or really hi for gas milage and and a pretty low for the trail....they suppossed to be coming out with adaptors to put it be hind just about any thing...thats my new wanna .......a nv4500 with the powerbox as they are calling it....it sure will thro some figuring into your differential gearing!!! i mean really if you did have a nv4500 and one of these power boxes....even with 44's you could get by with 3.08's in the diffs!

2. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

the $2800 price tag makes it an unrealistic option. You would not want to run 44's with 308's. Look into a 203/205 doubler from ORD, a much more realistic option.
    James

3. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

You might not want 3.08's, but you could use some really tall R&P gears to get some strength in the R&P The lower the numeric ratio the stronger the gear set is.
    $2800 is realistic to some people. I know of two guys seriously thinking about buying one each.
    As for whether it would work in a full size, don't ask Stak if they think it'll work - ask them if they'll warrenty it if it breaks in a full size.

4. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

to compare it to some others how much do atlas boxes cost? or the Klune-V, or what ever the range box gear vendors makes cost?

5. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'd double check the availability of getting a 3:08 R&P for 3/4 ton and 1 ton axles.

Figured you might be running something like that if 44's are on the truck. ;)

6. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

D
    Our Six Gun kit is $2550 for a GM version, any rotation, 32 spline throughout, bolt's up to damn near anything.

3:1 203 Range box mated to a 205.

Available ratio's once installed are
    1:1
    2:1
    3:1
    or
    6:1

Just another option in the get a DEEP low range. That's a complete turnkey cost. If you source out your own 205, then the price drops.

KP

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Hmmm...

WMS 3:1 np203 = $1000
    WMS DCA = $500 (if you were quick and got one on sale!)
    craigslist 203 = $100
    craigslist 205 = $150
    rebuild kits for the t-cases = $300
    triple stick kit from D&D Machine = $165

final price = $2215... call it $2300 after you toss in some hardware, crossmembers etc.

final ratios = 1:1, 2:1, 3:1, 6:1

The stak case rocks, don't get me wrong I'd like to have one... but I think they are more for guys with short wheelbases who can't fit a doubler without having a driveshaft at 80 degrees. :grin: :thumb:

j

ps: sigh... damn it kyle, you beat me too it. :mad: ;) :grin:

8. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

It's my job LOL!

It's funny, you do the math and come out just a little cheaper than my entire kit, rebuilt and ready to bolt in. Makes me feel good about our pricing ;)

KP