Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody a Nero expert here?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Desert Rat, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Ok, I have two camcorders. My old one is a Sony Hi8. The new one is also a Sony, but digital. I am using Nero 6 Ultra Edition (completely updated, but Nero 7 is wrapped and under the tree). I have no problems copying over my digital tapes onto the computer from the new camcorder. However, when I hook up my older Hi8 to the computer (HP multi-media computers) I can get the video feed, but not the audio. I have the video running through an S-video cable and the audio uses the standard red and white audio plugs like you use on any TV. I've tried every setting in Nero I can find to no avail. I hooked up the camcorder to the TV just to be sure, and the audio works fine on the TV. As an aside, when I went to update my driver for the Creative Audigy SB 2ZS sound card by downloading the latest from Creative and running it, I get an error message saying I have no Audigy card, although clearly I do.

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

I am stinking it is not a Nero problem per se.

Verify that the correct audio input is selected ... presumably you click on the speaker icon in the system tray. If not present, there is a control panel applet to get you there, depending on your version of Windows.

ANYWAY, in the Volume Control, do Properties and choose Adjust Volume for Recording ... and verify that the Line Input or whatever your camera is plugged into has the checkbox selected. I betcha it doesn't and Microphone or something else does.

-- A

3. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

Try that for sure.

However i would also poke around the audio driver. I've never used an audigy2 but i would have to assume there is a control panel app for it, or a system tray (beside the clock) icon. Perhaps the inputs are set for digital only? poke around in there.

4. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Checked all the setting in the sounds and audio devices section in the Control Panel. Everything seems up to snuff. There is not Audigy controls available. I'm assuming that since it was bundled with the computer, you don't get the full bells and whistles you would get if you bought it from Creative and installed it with a disk. I've tried to find updated drivers for the Conexant Video Encoder, etc. but that doesn't seem to be the answer either. I did find new drivers for Audigy finally.