Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody dealt with Edelbrock ProFlo EFI?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fortcollinsram, Jun 24, 2003.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I am looking to replace my TBI with a MPFI...I am trying to choose between the Edelbrock ProFlo MPFI (NOT the TBI conversion the uses the existing TB sans injector pod), Holley commander 950 1000cfm MPFI, or the Accel DFI...
    I like the looks of the ProFlo system but would like some outside input on any experience...

Chris

2. blasterD

blasterD 1/2 ton status

The Edelbrock has been around for a long time. It should have all of the bugs worked out. It would be the easiest to tune because it comes with it's own programmer. The Holley or the Accel would be a good system also. The main difference is they are a little more complex to tune. They both use a laptop computer because they have a wider range of adjustment than the Edelbrock. This may be a pro or a con to you. Price is also an issue, I think the Edelbrock and the Holley are somewhere around $2000 while the Accel is around $3000. Honestly, any of these systems when properly set up would be a really trick setup.

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I've been really happy with the pro-flo. I picked it because it doesn't require a laptop to program, it's all in the hand help controller. Everything is easy about it, including the programming, I basically plugged the chip in and left to TTC.