Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody dealt with "Jack-It Accessories"??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jarheadk5, Mar 8, 2001.

1. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Anybody dealt with \"Jack-It Accessories\"??

I was reading an offroading mag, and I saw an ad for these guys. The premise seems valid-take the best parts from various manufacturers and make up a top-performing lift kit. I haven't done much research on lifts yet, since mine is well off in the future, but I'm really curious about this. Their web address is:
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.jackit.com>http://www.jackit.com</A>

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

2. 76chevy

76chevy 1/2 ton status

Re: Anybody dealt with \"Jack-It Accessories\"??

They are located here in Salt Lake City. I bought my lift from them because they were the only ones in my area with a 4" Tuff Country lift in stock the day I wanted to install it.

They have sold a lot of stuff and have two bay intallation dept. I paid more for my lift because I went through them vs the other local stores. It is a pretty small outfit but they seem to stock more real Chevy stuff vs the Mr 4x4 and 4wheelparts. The other places stock alot of accesories.

When I was in there a guy was swearing up and down how good they were to him. He had a sweet blazer he built from the ground up.

I got the Tuff Country 4" lift and was going to buy the Rancho 9000's. The saleman said it wasn't worth it and sold me some ProComp EX 3000 shocks. Big mistake. I should have gone with the Rancho's. Based on that I have to wonder about their advice. Everyone here says the Rancho's are by far the best.

I'm not sure about their "get what is best" policy. I think for what we have on our Chevy/GMC is pretty minor for suspensions. I think they say that so they can sell you the stuff they have in stock.

They did have the only lifted 98-01 Toyota FourRunner lifted I have ever seen. They figured that out somehow.

I don't think you will go wrong but you may find it cheaper elsewhere depending on what you want.

<font color=red>Spirit of 76</font color=red>

3. 76chevy

76chevy 1/2 ton status

One more thing. I think OffRoad Design would be a little more knowlegeable. They have invented stuff just for Chevy/GMC vehicles.

<font color=red>Spirit of 76</font color=red>

4. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Did some research on their site, prices seem kinda high ($900 for a 4" all-spring lift kit; I've seen Tuff Country 4" all-spring kits for $700). I think I'd rather stick with one manufacturer who has ensured that their lift parts get along with each other.

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!