Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody do ball joints on front 10 bolt?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85 Shortbox, May 23, 2002.

1. 85 Shortbox

85 Shortbox 1/2 ton status

Like it says, how bad of a job is it. I know that everything from the spindles out have to come off including the axle shafts, but how do you separate the knuckle ( I think that is the term for it) from the axle. I have a ball joint separator but was wondering how to do it with a ball joint on the top and bottom. Is it possible to just beat down on the knuckle? Thanks for the info.

2. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

I just did mine about a month ago. You have the right idea, just beat the seperator on the ball joints, first one then the other. They probably won't pop off the first time you hit them so work on the top one to loosen it and then the lower one. Keep doing this and it will pop off. Do you have ftn96's write-up? If not I'll hunt it down for you.

3. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://nashvillek5.freeservers.com/balljoints.htm>ftn96's ball joint write-up</a>

4. 85 Shortbox

85 Shortbox 1/2 ton status

Thanks, it's a pretty good article that is deffinetly going to help.