Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody doing a road trip thru Kansas to New Mexico/Texas border?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thatK30guy, Mar 22, 2005.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Asking if anyone is passing thru and going to or by Clovis, NM. I have a tranny/t-case combo that wants to get there but prefer not to ship via Forward Air because the nearest terminals are too far from me.
    If you or someone else is passing thru on the interstates and have room and want to make a little dough, let me know when, where and what transportation can be done.

If all else fails, can something be arranged where CK5'er members meet somewhere in each state and drop the parts off to meet another member along the way to the next state? I could drive as far as to OK City and the next member meet whomever wherever along the way to Clovis, NM.

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Wes, I think the timing won't be good, but around the weekend of April 22-23 I will be headed back from VA to Denver. Sometime soon (not sure when) fourwheelerjeff is coming up to Denver to pick up some parts and could possibly relay stuff back with him on the way to Texas. Let me know if this could help.

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

You have any more tranny/t-case combos? I am in need of one and can meet someone somewhere in central Texas.

4. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

Ill be in central Kansas(Ellinwood? I think) in a week or two(as soon as I finish my trailer) and Lubbock is not a far drive from Clovis. Let me know whats easiest for you.

5. thatK30guy

Robert, I have 2 more combos: a 10 spline 465/205 fixed yoke out of an '83 K30 and a 32 spline long input round 6 bolt pattern 400/205 slip yoke out of an '86 K30. Which are you interested in?

6. thatK30guy

Awesome! Ellinwood is just southwest of me off highway 156 by about 25 miles. I live right off 156 on a huge block. If this could work, would you be willing to haul back another combo for Robert if we could work out a deal?

7. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

along with going to denver, i also have to go to okc to pick up a saab and another cherokee and some axles and could transport this that much closer, and then i have to go to lubbock sometime for more parts :D

8. afroman006

Can you PM me a price for the 400/205 combo? When will all this be going down? If Jeff could get my combo whenever he is up that way, that would make my life 10 times easier. Where is Childress Jeff, I think its around Austin or San Antonio right?

9. NewMexK5

NewMexK5 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you guys have this covered, but if you need. I will be coming and going from Carlsbad to Beaver, OK next week. If you need a delivery man, Clovis is on my way back home.:D

Tommy

10. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

close, it starts with an a, amarillo. that is up in the panhandle

11. thatK30guy

Robert, not to put a damper in your hopes, but after I replied to your post yesterday, I had realized later on that I made a blooper in that reply of the combo's. :( I meant to say the 400/205 combo was actually going into a project '57 that I'm building and that actual t-case has the fixed yoke. The slip yoke was being removed to be installed to the 465 which is going to Clovis. Therefore I only have the 10 spline 465/205 with a fixed yoke still for sale. Sorry for the bad news now. Would you still be interested in the 465/205 combo?

12. thatK30guy

Jeff, thanks for the offer but I'm going to try with James as he will be coming within 30 miles of me and that will make it much easier trip to do. If for any reason he falls thru, I will let you know. :cool1:

13. afroman006

Blast! No thanks I want an automatic. Its cool I already found one localy lol.:D

14. thatK30guy

I've also got a 350/203 combo in which the 350 has the thich "K-case" housing with the 6 bolt dust cover. Good for a Doubler. ;) :D :cool1:

15. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

Im still up for it just havent decided when. finished trailer just gotta find time.
    thanx

16. thatK30guy

Might be a change of plans now as I may end up doing a trip to OKC in June. All depends on how the buyer wants me to wait and take the tranny/t-case stuff to a certain place for him. No big deal anyways, guys, thanks! :cool1:

17. Michk5

Michk5 1/2 ton status

Misawa Japan until December...moving to Wichita Ka
    I'm the buyer and would really like if blazd88 could bring it down to Lubbock or even to Clovis (preferably). I won't be using these until the end of the year when I get back to the US but the sooner I can get these to NM the better. I don't want my buddy that will be holding these to change his mind.:D It would be much appreciated if this could happen...Thanks

Matt

18. thatK30guy

Ok, I'm sending a PM to blazd88 right now and getting something worked out with him ASAP. ;) :cool1: