Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody done the 208 fixed yolk conversion?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NewK5Guy, Feb 28, 2002.

1. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

I would like to do it but don't know what I need. A friend said I should only need a Dodge 208 output shaft and yolk and it will slip right in during a rebuild. Well, I was at a local tranny shop a couple of days ago to help a friend get his truck back. I walked through the shop's parts yard and saw several 208 t-cases, most with cracked cases. Some, though, were marked 208C(tagged, also marked 2.62 low range) and had a fixed rear output. Is this the one I need? I could probably get just that part or pick up the whole thing for cheap since it's worthless. If I recall correctly, most were still working smoothly: when I turned one shaft, both turned. One even shifted into low range. So what exactly would I need for the conversion? Would one of those 208C's work? Should I just go with a 241 (if I can find one cheap)? What size u-joints would I have to get on the new driveshaft?