Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody else done the Land Rover course?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Tuff84blaze, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Tuff84blaze

Tuff84blaze 1/2 ton status

Our local Land Rover dealership moved locations and left me and my buds with a sweet little rock course that weve always wanted to do but couldn't. Needless to say now that there was nobody there to tell me I couldn't I dominated it with the Blaze, allthough the off-camber side hill section was a little hairy in the 6500 pound beast it made it no sweat.
    The only other vehicle to do it so far is my brother in his 2002 Z-71 which is almost stock except for a torsion kit, and a set of 33's. His was almost as impressive as the blaze but he probably wouldn't have made it with out his bad*ss guide (me). His truck handeled the sidehill even better than mine due to it's LCG, but it did barely scrape the Hitch and tailpipe in some areas which probably wouldn't have happened if he didn't have a topper and tires in the back.

Anyways just wondering if anyone else has visted a LandRover course in their Blazer's.

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

A buddy of mine has a rover. He went out to check out the course. It's designed to give you scare but not get you stuck. The mud holes in the the course here were lined with concrete /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

There's a Caddy dealer around here that just put in an off-road course for the new H2's. It's basically a field behind the lot with a path bulldozed through the weeds and some obstacles here and there like moguls, mud, and logs. I might go see if they'll let me try off-roading my truck back there sometime, just to see what it's like to go off-road /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Tuff84blaze

Tuff84blaze 1/2 ton status

Our GMC dealer also carries H2's and that was part of the reason GM made him a dealer, because he has a couple acres of dirt next to the lot that is supposed to be used for an H2 course. I am still waiting for them to build it, hopefully it will be more Blazer friendly /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif(wider) since the H2 is so big. That was another thing that made the Rover course difficult for the Blazer, because everytime I flexed on the sidehills my body wanted to drag along the fence posts.