Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody else get a wake up call....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Aug 19, 2006.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

With an airplane??? My Brother dive bombs my house when he wants me to get my a$$ outta bed...And by dive bombs I mean like 60' off the deck or about 20- 25' off the top of my roof line, he's literally skimming treeline, fockers crazy...:doah: :haha:

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

High speed go-karts here. :angry1:

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

[​IMG]

Competition Water Ballon Slingshot........

4. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

5. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

I sleep through jet engine noise...

I've been sending this to everyone!!

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i grew up about 3mi away fro nellis Air Force base here in vegas, now i live a block away from mcCarran international aiprort, planes dont phase me.

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I live about 100-150 yards from railroad tracks. Trains go by here, on average, 3-5 times per hour, 24/7.

8. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Dad said he worked at a power plant for a bit. The first night he was cussing himself because he forgot his alarm clock. His foreman said not to worry about it as he would get up at 6:15.

Sure enough at about 6:15 one hundred and twenty coal cars went rattling by not twenty feet from the window he was sleeping under.

Yea he got out of bed.

Quickly from what I understand.

9. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I lived in the glide path long enough I quit noticing.
    If you want to scare him tell him he pissed your wife off and she called the FAA and gave them his N # and pilots licences #.:D

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

:haha: :haha: :haha: Hmmm I'll just say "Pirate" and I don't mean the website...;)

11. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

dangerous practices.....expensive toys...

I remember when Ozzy Osbourne got "buzzed" by Randy Rhodes a few years back...:thinking: ..think he woke him up???...:( ..It was all in good fun,until someone got killed....:doah:

Where I had an apartment ,a military base nearby used to fly training missions ,and many soldiers were stationed there who's wives lived at the apartment complex..they would fly Huey helicopters right into the parking lot,with the cargo doors open,and yell to their wives!!..nothing like a Huey hovering about 75 ft away,to wake you up FAST in the morning!...:eek1: :eek1:

They eventually got in trouble for flying too low in a residential area,after several residents in a nearby nursing home almost had heart attacks!!..:crazy: ....

12. ssped

ssped 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

My house backed up on a not to busy main street. I would fall asleap naming the kinds of cars by the sound they made driving by. I can still name all the older cars by the sound thier starters make.

13. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

yep airplanes landing on a steel flightdeck right above your head, if you can sleep through that you can sleep through anything

14. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I can sleep through B-1's and U-2's taking off... even through a B-1 power run.

... and the U-2's were while I was in a tent.

15. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Reminds me of when I used to paint semi's and grain trucks for a short stint and during those times when we had to drive the trucks to different towns for the big shows, I rode back home in the sleeper cab of a Kenworth which was used to haul some other stuff that couldn't be driven.
    Man! Talk about a BUMPY ride! Semi's are not smooth nor are they in the class of a Cadillac! I did manage to fall asleep in the sleeper, but its mainly cuz I was real tired and it was 2 in the morning. Woke up to the driver shaking my shoulder pretty hard.

16. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

Talk about getting woke up.

This happened a few years ago.

"Texas cattleman Robert Shoaf must have thought the Russians were coming when artillery shells thumped down on his ranch one night last month. As his cattle property near King, Texas was pummeled with 11 rounds of artillery fire, the foundation of his house cracked and pictures shook off the walls. When the sun came up, his ranch looked like it had been through a night in Kosovo.
    Since the Cold War is at halftime and the U.S. Army's Fort Hood is but 8 miles away, it didn't take a Texas Ranger to I.D. the perps.

Fort Hood officials admit two 155mm artillery battalions were firing at the time that Shoaf and his family were bombarded. And "shrapnel consistent with 155mm high explosive ammunition" and fuses found on the ranch match the ammo the two artillery battalions were firing the night the incident occurred.

Fortunately, there were no human casualties nor did Shoaf lose any of his prized Texas longhorns to Fort Hood's not-so-friendly fire."

17. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Last summer I would spent many weekends at my buddy Jims farmplace. We'd do body work on Nicks 79 Ford till about 1. Drink till 2 or 3 and crash. It was either get slapped in the face and asked what I wanted them to bring me back from mc donalds for dinner. Or my personal favorite when i would would fall off the couch and duck for cover when Jim was shooting black birds out the window of his living room with either the 12 guage, or SKS.