Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody Else Into Scanners ?

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by BrianDamage, Nov 27, 2004.

1. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

I just bought my first...A Radio Shack pro-95. LOVE IT!

The wife & I have been leaving it on 24 hours a day hehe. She like to leave it on all night to give her something to listen to (she hardly sleeps at night)

I may have to install an aerial. I programmed the trunked system in for the Huntsville, AL PD and I can pick the up if I'm outside on the roof /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif It's about 30 minutes from the house, not sure of distance.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Unfortunately yes I am..............

I got my wife one a few years ago. I used to like having it on, now that I'm on the job I hate it, she won't let me turn it off when I'm home. I get on edge when stuff is going on and I'm listening to it on the scanner. Also, when we get involved in critical incidents like the other night and I'm involved, I really don't want the wife to worry about what is going on. In fact, within ten minutes of everything calming down, my partner's wife was calling him wondering WTF was going on because she heard everything on the scanner. There are other issues that I have with private citizens having them, but as long as they are responsible and refrain from calling our dispatch asking questions because of what they heard on the scanner, then I don't have a problem with them.

I also have one in my car that has several different agencies that are not on my radio, so sometimes we can jump calls if need be. But along with the radio and the stereo, I sometimes need transport to a room with soft walls if it's a busy night........... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Have a old scanner, but plan on getting a new one sometime in the near future. I have a outdoors antenna for mine about 3/4 of the way up my 50 foot tower.

4. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

I just picked up a Pro-94, does anyone know where to get frequencies and how to program them, tips etc?

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I don't even need a scanner , I have broadband receive only on my 2 meter ham radio .

I just program the frequencies in a program on my laptop , and shoot em from my laptop into the radio . So I can listen to local fire and police in my truck :pimp: