Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody else lazy lately?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AJMBLAZER, Nov 21, 2006.

1. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Just wondering if it's just me or are other people working their asses off and then going home and not managing to do anything constructive?

I am currently going to college full time (not to mention I HATE two of the three subjects) and am working almost full time (funny, my boss's idea of me working part time is just jamming my full time job into 35 hours or so:crazy:). Got the usual, house to worry about/attempt to fix/pay the mortgage, wife to obey/ignore/take care of/argue with/etc, and a hyper-active 25lb dog to walk two miles a day...all before I even get around to regearing my DD and getting the parts donor out of the garage, Big Ugly into the garage for the winter and a stereo installed among other little things, regular oil changes, and oh yeah, time to put the snow blower on the lawn tractor...why'd it stop running all of a sudden?:doah:

This weekend I slept in Saturday and Sunday mornings and got a combined total of 21 hours of sleep. That's more than I got in three nights last week...maybe four. I sat on my butt all last weekend, played video games, hung out with the wife, and other than walking/pestering the dog I really did nothing. Part of me feels bad and part of me doesn't. Meanwhile the game is damn addicting and I think I want to go home and play it some more...:D

2. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

I hear ya man. Between school and work I really dont wanna do crap on my days off.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I can totally relate. I did sweet f all this past weekend...

I just started working afternoon shift again though, so the sleep adjustmant is kicking my ass right now.

Rene

4. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

And the -tards want to get as much in as possible before closing for Holidays:doah:

Maybe I'll accidentally drive over my pager.
    :xmas:

5. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Glad to know I'm not the only lazy one.

The sad part is the belts are starting to squeal at random times on my Tracker and it looks pretty silly on the stock sized tires with 6" of lift. Need to get off my @ss. Maybe this weekend, got 2.5 days off...:rolleyes:

6. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

That sums me up in a nut shell, work all 60+ hours a week plus the 1.5 hour drive every day and there isnt much energy left for weekend chores. I just tell the wife I need to spend time with the kids and take them to the batting cage and putt-putt, costs me a 20 but it keeps me out of the yard for a day.