Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anybody ever considered this?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by achuskies69, Mar 21, 2001.

1. achuskies69

achuskies69 1/2 ton status

<font color=green> I was wondering if any of you audio guru's had ever considered or done this. What about removing the ashtrays in the side panels beside the rear seat and putting in some 5 1/4" or 6 1/2" speakers? i have<font color=red> red</font color=red> interior and was gonna go with some <font color=red>Sony Xplod's.</font color=red>

<font color=green> 82 K5 - 350, 4" lift, 33's 3.08's
    I love cowboy hats
    [​IMG]

2. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

That is what I am going to do, I am going to put in a 6.5 comp set sometime soon. Far as I can tell space will not be an issue.

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!

3. achuskies69

achuskies69 1/2 ton status

<font color=green> cool man im gonna place an order soon for some Xplods's. Since nobody smokes in my K5, i dont need the ashtrays, i done converted the one in the dash to a switch panel for my offroad lights so im gonna take the side trays out this week..

<font color=green> 82 K5 - 350, 4" lift, 33's 3.08's
    I love cowboy hats
    [​IMG]

4. 91K5

91K5 1/2 ton status

That's a pretty good idea, if it werent for the fact almost everyone that rides in my Blazer smokes, i'd think about copying your idea [​IMG] Good idea for going with the Xplod's too, they're good speakers, not to mention i'm a die hard Sony fan. Good luck on your install.

5. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

hey,

have you been looking around my garage or what. i was going to put some sony es speakers in the exact same place. now my truck is broke so i probably wont do it now. as far as i could tell it would work realy well, if you dont mind cutting the panels.

Craig

[​IMG]

6. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

You could do what I did for my 6x9’s. I bought some of those 2” plastic “spacers” from Circuit City and mounted them on the side panels with the tops of the speakers about even with the top of the rear seat (the part where yer bottom goes). If you take the panels loose, you can see a hole that the magnet can sit in. This will give you some metal to anchor the speaker and spacer to and an enclosure for tighter bass. The console is also the exact size to hole an MTX 4 channel active crossover (thus converting a 4-channel system into a 6-channel system with 2 dedicated subwoofer channels) in the bottom. The hardest part of the installation aside from placing the speakers properly is taking a razor to the panels and a hole saw to the bottom of the console.