Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody ever done this?

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by Roostr84, Mar 22, 2002.

1. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

I was wondering how hard it would be to mount an s-10 body on a full size frame. That way you would get the looks of the s-10 with maybe a widestance appel but the strength f the full size suspension. Just a mental exercise but what do you all think. I don't mean a hack job either, something that would look decent.

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Take a look at White Knight's truck! It is a s-10 blazer body but a p/u body would work the same.

3. white_knight

white_knight 1/2 ton status

The Knight has an s-10 body ( with the front clip extended by 10 inches to accomodate the 468) sitting on a one tone crew cab frame cut back about 4.5 feet. The wheelbase is 1/2" longer than a full size K5

4. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

MAn nice ride... I was not considering going so radical. My thinking was more along the lines of my s-10 pickup ona full size shortbed frame with a 350 etc.

5. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

Anything is possible if you have enough money. You would gain a significant amount of performance with the lighter S-10 body on a full size running frame.

6. white_knight

white_knight 1/2 ton status

It was cash but it was a lot of custom work , time and a lot of learning. Much of the custom work was figured out as the project went along. You know how they say when you open a can of worms..... well, once you start you just can't stop. None of the work was done outside. It was all done by us which was the challenge.

This was more about having something different that would kick ass in mud and have fun with