Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody ever file a claim with Fed EX?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bablazer73, Jan 22, 2005.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I shipped an item to a member In Oregon, I guess the box made it, but the contents didn't? I have never filed a claim with the feds. Are they as bad as UPS?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Its not to bad with FedEx, just go to the place where you shipped your package from and file a claim. Takes a while, think it took me like 2 months. That is why I refuse to use FedEx anymore. More sh!t has happened to me using them and I've NEVER had a problem using UPS.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I had to file one with them last year when they lost a wheel that I shipped to Wayne in PA. 5 wheels left here and made it as far as a transfer terminal in PA. Only 4 wheels ever left there. The 5th was never seen again. :mad:

You'll need to file online and submit proof of value. I sent them a link to an online site that sold the same wheels. Their standard insurance will only pay a max of $100 plus actual shipping costs. If you bought the optional insurance then they'll pay the amount of the insurance purchased, as long as it doesn't exceed the actual value of the item.

It took 'em about a month to get it all sorted out, but they did finally send me a check. :cool1: (I had sent Wayne his money back WAY before FedEx ever settled up with me). :mad:

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I think someone at FedEx is building a truck. I ordered some wheels from Summit a while back and only 3 of them made it. 1 of the wheels that did make it the box was tore open like they were checking it out. Both straps were gone and the box was peeled back. :thinking:

5. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah and it was a pain in the butt!!!

6. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had to file an insurance claim with the U.S.P.S for a Damaged in shipping item. What a freaking pain in the Ass:mad: