Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody ever lifted this way

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazingboy, Jan 9, 2002.

1. blazingboy

blazingboy 1/2 ton status

Anybody ever tryed puttin add a leafs in the front with a rear block lift.It is alot cheaper than a lift kit and not as much work although I have heard the add a leafs start to sag in the front after time.Anybody tryed it let me know.

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Any time you put a block in the front for lifting purposes, I hope you have a good lawyer for when the blocks slip out and the people you hit will sue you for an ungodly amount of money. [​IMG]

To make a long explaination short: DO NOT INSTALL LIFT BLOCKS ON THE FRONT, <font color=blue>PERIOD</font color=blue>!!!

I'm not picking my nose...I'm just pointing at my brain!! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

3. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

I haven't tried it but it doesn't seem it would work too well considering stock front springs have a negative arch. It seems to me all the weight of the truck will be on that one add-a-leaf! You also don't want to put a block in the front! If that block is kicked out, you could lose control of the truck! I wouldn't recommend it but I'm sure others can add some more input.

Bo

If it breaks, it wasn't good enough!
    http://coloradok5.com/gallery/liberator

4. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

You beat me to it!

If it breaks, it wasn't good enough!
    http://coloradok5.com/gallery/liberator

5. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

most add a leafs I've seen have a positive arch. Your stock Blazer front leafs have a negative arch. How high do you want to go? And as far as it being easier I don't see it being easier, You'd have to drop the axle and pull the leafs apart, where a new lift all you have to do is pull the axle take fornt and rear bolts out pull the leafs out and put in the new leaf springs in. Maybe if you just want an inch you could put ORD's add a leaf in the front and rear. just my .02.

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>

6. 87superblaze

87superblaze 1/2 ton status

I Think he is talking about a add-a-leaf up front and a block in the rear. You would have to be insane to put a block in the front! I have an add-a-leaf in the front of my blazer. It was harder than putting new springs. You try to get those neg. arch springs to bend to a positive arch!!!!! Trail master makes add a leafs for the front Specificly for plowing. I would never us those again though. VERY rough and boucy ride.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I did it. It costed me $70 instead of the $500 I spent on my 4" lift kit.

Sometimes I wish I still had it. It didn't ride crappy on my SWB pickup.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I did it. It costed me $70 instead of the $500 I spent on my 4" lift kit.

Sometimes I wish I still had it. It didn't ride crappy on my SWB pickup.

I gave it away. My friend uses it. It looks GREAT with 33s. He has an '86 Chevy K10 shortbox. He even has a name here but he never stops by. He is 86_Chevy_K10

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

9. blazingboy

blazingboy 1/2 ton status

Sorry to ask you guys so many questions but if I put on the lift kit do I have to put new rear shocks or just put new dual ones in the front.

10. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Any kind of lift front or rear you do...you need longer shock's.

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>The darker side of nonsense...</a>