Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody ever lowered an np205 t-case...?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JimmyUp, Apr 2, 2003.

1. JimmyUp

JimmyUp Registered Member

Hello,

Has anybody lowered their np205 t-case that has the factory skid plate and dual crossmember brackets (i.e. connects on both the top and bottom the of the frame on both sides)?

After installing my 6-inch lift (nightmare project--excessive bumpsteer) I have minimal driveline vibration in the back. I should also mention I am running a TH350/np205 combination. I did this on my old CJ-7 to relieve driveline angle/vibration /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif and it solved the problem.

Thanks for your feedback,
    Scott

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Scott,

I suppose that's one way to deal with it....but the 1st Gen's xfer cases are already pretty low compared to the later model K5's....if you 'wheel, going even lower is not the answer.

How about doing a little "shimming" on the rear axle instead? You should be able to achieve the same effect... Or go with a CV-driveshaft, but that's $$$

3. 1 FN HI K5

1 FN HI K5 1/2 ton status

Yes you can lower the transfer case i lowered mine 1 1/2 inches when i 1st did my lift but make sure you move the brace that connects to the transfer case to the frame. I found out the hard way last year at blazer fest i cracked my tranny. Now that i have a high pinion 60 in the rear im going to put the transfer case back in the stock location. <font color="red">1 FN HI K5 </font>

4. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

How exactly did you move the t case mount??