Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anybody ever remove there auto locking hubs on a 10 bolt?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85burbanator, Mar 26, 2003.

1. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

i was going to replace my auto locking hubs with some warn premiums today but i couldnt figure out how to remove them. do i have to remove the tire and rim or can they stay? i took the cover ff and there was a bearing wich came out effortlessly (sp) and there was a rubber type gasket id call it that looked like it was there to keep water and dirt and [censored] out which slid right off. then there was a little clip which pulled out pretty easy and i cant get any further. there is a retaining ring right by where the clip went but i cant get to it. any info on how to remove the darn thing would be help full. what other tools would i need besides some needle noses, dental scraper things, and a screw driver. is there a special socket ill need or something? thanx in advance for any info you guys could give me.

2. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

They are sometimes hard to get out. You'll know you're done when you see the spindle nut. You don't need to take off the wheel.

3. 85burbanator

OK I GOT THE MAIN PART OF THE HUB OUT AND BEHIND IT THERE are what appear to be the things that engage the auto locking hubs. i tried to just puul them out with no luck and cant seem to find any retaining clips of any kind.

4. 85burbanator

im and idiot i figured it out.

5. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

You're not and idiot....believe, most/all of us have been there. It just takes some time when you are first doing it.

Glad you figured it out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

John /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. 85burbanator

they are on and work pretty good. all in all im pretty satisfied with myself at the moment. if any body is interested i now have a set of gm 10 bolt auto hubs for sale. give me a price i cant refuse, buyer pays shipping.

7. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    if any body is interested i now have a set of gm 10 bolt auto hubs for sale. give me a price i cant refuse, buyer pays shipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

You pay me 100 bucks and I'll cover the shipping to myself /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Seriously no one ever want those things. I have 3 sets at home collecting dust.

John