Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody ever start a project only to get sidetracked?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by or2play, May 16, 2004.

1. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

So I start on installing my windstar fans. No problems, get it trimmed up. Had a modify the right fan a bit for clearance issues. Now on to wiring. This is were things go south. I tear into the wire bundle that goes from the fire wall across the top of the motor to the alternator and down to the starter. And I soon remember there is about 3 or 4 wires in there just diked off. So now I start tracing wires, and finding out why there cut and if I need them. And then to top it off, I went to disconnect the wires at the starter. The large nut was on so tight, I busted they entire front area off the solenoid. So now I have still have to wire the fans, put the engine wiring back to gether, and replaced the starter. And hope every thing works when I turn the key. But I think my ammeter will start to work now.

Anyways, had to rant a bit. It seems this always happens to me. I'm not the only one am I?

2. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

every time a work on my truck i get side tracked into multiple projects at the same time. Thats all part of the fun! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

Fun? fun is bowling, or playing beer pong. NOT CHASING WIRING GRIMLINS!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

nah, dont feel bad my friend, happens to me as well. every time i think i start to gain ground, some thing else goes wrong and sets me back. good luck tho. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Anybody ever start a project only to get sidetracked?

[/ QUOTE ]

EVERYDAY! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Now what was I doing.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

It happens ALL the time! It wouldn't be so bad if I had the money for multiple projects but I don't. My poor Blazer has been sitting dissasembled in my driveway for well over 9 months now /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif It all started with, "Hey, I think I'll fix the floors and do the body bushings while I'm at it." That led to, "why not put 63's on while the body is off" and that led to "why not upgrade the front leaf springs" and then "I think I'll swap over to a manual tranny since I have to make new driveshafts to accomodate the larger lift" and that led to "I'll get bigger tires now" and that led to "oh crap 3.73's aren't going to push 39.5" Boggers through mud with my 350!" So, I'm currently installing 5.13's and looking for a TBI 454, swapping in 63's, new springs up front, patching the floors, etc. etc. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

it has happened to me.. for 3+ years now... quityerbitchin'
    im keeping the blazer. i went to the storage unit yesterday and looked at it. spent some quality time with it. tool some measurements for the trailer because the tires are dry rotting. gonna make some wheel covers at work for it. get some blocks and put the trailer on blocks. trailer has one flat tire as well. i scored some tie down rings from work, so im going to put them onto the trailer rails so i can get some nice cnavase tarps and coat them in oil to keep the rain out better, plus not blow around so much. im also going to buy the gooseneck soon and transfer the truck onto it.
    Grant
    Grant

8. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

...happens every time I start working on the truck...Like today I am pulling the rearend out and I get sidetracked by CK5...

9. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Happens to me all the time...its called wife and kids...

DW

10. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Happens to me too. I go to fix whatever is clunking around in the back and get sidetracked by the MANY oil leaks I have. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

11. highrider_44s

highrider_44s 1/2 ton status

i get side tracked all the time /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif the worst is when the friends come over with the tipsy pops /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif