Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody ever wheeled in Farmington NM?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Butch, Apr 12, 2002.

1. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Considering a trip to Farmington to go wheeling. Need to know what is around there for Hotels, food, etc. Are all of the trails accessable, do you have to pay? Is there any trail books like for CO and UT for NM? From what I have seen in pics it looks like a blast. Anybody interested in meeting there for a run early summer?

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Mid summer, let's do it.

3. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Dave Long (CODave73Jimmy) and I go to Farmington every Labor Day... It's a blast! Wheelin' there is like nowhere else I've been. Can be quite a challenge!

Right after the Blazer Bash this year, we're headed to Farmington... Meet us there then.....!

I always wind up stayin' at Motel 6 on Bloomfield hwy. Good price, no bugs, and they didn't get angry when they caught me changing a tire (off the rim) in the parking lot. Also a Best Western is very close. Everything is close... One of the coolest things about Farmginton is that you can be on a real hairy trail - get hungry - and 20 minutes later you can be in any restaraunt in town. Another cool thing is that Chokecherry Canyon (badass rockcrawing) is north of town, and the Sandhills are south of town - so there's some variety there....

Marv

4. CODave73Jimmy

CODave73Jimmy Registered Member

Hey Butch....
    I grew up in Farmington. Let me know when you are going and I will try to make it. Wheeling down there will make you feel like you are living right....

Dave

5. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Send me some email also. I live south of Farmington in Hobbs, NM and would love to meet you guys there.

6. WhiteWhomper

WhiteWhomper 1/2 ton status

I've never broken anything in NM yet. I'm there. Let me know when you want to try and plan this out.

7. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

I'm planning on going. Gonna be a blast.

8. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Yea id love to go, seeing as how i probably wont make it to blazer bash this would be cool