Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody ever....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cliffy, Mar 13, 2001.

1. Cliffy

Cliffy Registered Member

Bob the bed of a K5???

Compared to the front they hang pretty far, just curious.....

Coil sprung 71 blazer.

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Well, I'm planning to bob the tail of a LWB bed for the same reason. If I find a K5 body to use in my project, I may bob it too eventually for the same reason. My plan was to cut the frame just behind the rear spring mounts (I also plan to put on the shorter springs to move the rear mount forward) and add a new xmember. However, this is on a K30, the K5 has a gas tank that would be in the way. Other than that, it's mainly just body work with potentially some custom fab to relocate rear mounts depending on where and how much you cut...

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56
    Coming soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

3. Cliffy

Cliffy Registered Member

Yeah the gas tank is an issue for me. Hey if you run shorter springs won't that decrease your flex "window"???? I thought longer springs could acheive more flex easier???

Coil sprung 71 blazer.

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Yes, the longer springs do flex better. However, with factory arched springs, a flip kit, and revolver shackles, I don't think it will be a problem. Allot of people go to long springs so that their lift springs aren't arched so sharply and the leverage helps to effectively reduce the spring rate you feel. Anyway, my old Blazer was always dragging it's a$$ so I wanted to eliminate the overhang as much as possible on this project to improve the departure angle...

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56
    Coming soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Laketex bobbed his bed on his K5.. Drop him a PM.....

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>