Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody Familiar with AOL instant Messanger(AIM)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtnman210, Jan 5, 2006.

1. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

ok I have a problem. I use this program all day everyday. But the last week I noticed that none of my buddies were signed on. Tonight I looked into and it wasn't that nobody was on it's almost like I'm not signed in. But I turn on AIM normally and it starts and runs as if nothing is wrong. But I do not show up as signed on on anybody elses list. I then tried to send a message to a buddy I know is on(sitting next to me) and it says they're offline. I also tried to sign in with my account on other computers and still get nothing. I then had other people use their names on my computer and they work fine:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Does anybody know what could be up. is there something wrong with my account or what? anybody had this problem. I really don't want to make a new screen name as I've had the same one for ever and people I no longer see get in touch with me through it.

This is driving me nuts.....anybody???

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

You sure you're not in "invisible mode"? At the top of your buddy list, under that obnoxious ad, it'll have a little eye next to "mtnman210's buddy list" or whatever your screenname is. Make sure the eye's open. Other than that, I've got no idea. :dunno:

3. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

yup eyes open...I have no idea either. and of course AOL has almost zero customer support for AIM

4. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Why don't you just reinstall it?

5. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

OK I'm an IDIOT. the dumb program has been screwed up for a week now and i've spent the whole time yelling at it as well as uninstalling and reinstalling it many times. well it turns out if you have the "block everybody" tab checked nobody can contact you and you can't contact anybody else.

OOPSS:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

6. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

:pat on the back:

Wow.

7. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

We use it all day at work and it's been off and on this week. Can't reach some stations.We have a pretty sharp computer guy and he doesnt know whats up with it. Maybe it's AOL. Or AWOL or something. Glad I could be so helpful.

8. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

9. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Aaaah, the infamous PEBCAK issue :doah:;) :D :p: