Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody Familiar with Heavy Duty Drag Links for a Dana 60?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1-ton, May 22, 2004.

1. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I just bought a Heavy Duty 1.50 OD Tie Rod for my Dana 60. The two Tie Rod ends I received are supposed to have 1-inch shanks with 18 (fine) threads per inch...with one having right hand thread, and the other having left hand threads.

The right hand Tie Rod I received has a 1-inch shank with 18 (fine) threads per inch right hand threads, and the tapered end is 1-inch in length with a 5/8 stud.

The left hand Tie Rod I received was, "I think" incorrect. It has a .875 diameter shank with the same 18 (fine) threads per inch, and the tapered end is 1.125-inch in length with a 9/16 stud.

The part number for the correct Tie Rod I received is ES-2011R (I do not know what the part number for the wrong one I received is), and after doing some research I think the other correct one I am supposed to have is ES-2010L, but during the research there also seems to be an issue with left handed jam nuts not being available for 1-inch shanked Tie Rod Ends.

Has anybody actually installed a Heavy Duty Tie Rod on a Dana 60 with 1-inch shank Tie Rod ends, and is familiar with the part numbers I am talking about?

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

you are correct the 1 inch one is the corect one,so return the other, I know that much sorry don't know any more than that, I had that same setup for my d44hd, but opted for the 3/4 hiem joint w/ grade 9 bolts, much stronger. So yes go get the other matching tie rod end, w/ left hand threads. sorry no part#'s /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif good luck

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

The most commonly used tierod ends are ES2234R (right hand GM) and ES2010L (left hand dodge). They are both a 7/8-18 thread with matching tapers. There is a 1" version but I have no info about it specifically.

4. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

i am currently looking into the same thing

the 1" tie rod end is P/N ES2011R, where im getting it from its cheaper than the 7/8 i think its $25 employee price for me.

there is no LH part because it is integrated into the rod, so the bad boy is like $100 or something, but its 50"+ long.

im just going to use two right hand thread ends. the truck doesnt see pavement so i will need no steering adjustment, and if i do, i'll just pull an end off /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif