Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anybody from alabama

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chase, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Chase

Chase Registered Member

i live in birmingham and am looking for some places to ride and people to ride with. ihave an 89 K5 w/ 33" MTR nothing special but it works /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

You are really close to gardendale. 72THING is from Ranburne and I'm in GA, about 15-20 mins from AL. You should go to the member list and look at locations. Find some near you and send them personal messages.

3. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

I live in Fultondale, about 3 miles from the trails in Gardendale. Another cool place is Cousins ORV in Mt. Olive, but there either has to be an event or you have to rent out with a large group.

I'm not aware of anybody else on here in the B'ham area, but there are some up north in Decatur / H'ville and also some down south around Montgomery and Mobile.

You may want to check out CAOS4x4.com, local club web-site. People are always organizing spur of the moment rides, listed in the forums, at Gardendale and elsewhere.

A couple of the members have "fool-size" rigs, but most have Jeeps or Yotas.

Shoot me an e-mail if you want, my address is lancewatson@hotmail.com.

Later,

Lance

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Well, I'm *from* Alabama. Born and raised in NW corner, north of a town called Florence. But now I live in AZ after moving all over the country.

5. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

I live in Hartselle, but I don't do any wheeling......don't have time for one thing, plus it's my daily driver.

My "wheeling" consists of getting to my hunting spots

6. BigJohnson

BigJohnson 1/2 ton status

Hmmm...small world I live in Sheffield. You're probably about the only person on the board that will know where that is. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

I will go with Baddog on this one. I am "from" Alabama, McCalla, between Bham and Tusc. but currently in Texas. We used to have places we went down in Helena, but it was all just mud. Mud, yuck, mud. Toooooo much maintenance for me there.

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Try here. www.sfwda.org You can find all the decent local clubs. I say decent because if they are listed there then they are members of Southern and United and help keep trails open.