Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody getting pop ups?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nvrenuf, Jun 5, 2004.

1. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I'm at work and not on my normal 'puter. I've had CK5 running in the background all day and periodically I get a series of pop ups appearing.

Have things changed on the site in the last week (I've been gone) or is this machine a victim of its regular dumb user visiting the "wrong sites"? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

no there are no popups here. Steve is very much against popups and has never used them on CK5 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i get them from time to time, it over writes the page with a add that will scroll with the page and will only go away if you refresh. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    the funny thing? one add is for a add blocker /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I get them when I click the vote link so I hate to vote cause they don't stop popping up, yes I have a pop up blocker.

5. roadhawg

roadhawg 1/2 ton status

i've never seen a pop up on this site, or when clicking to vote for that matter, other than the vote window itself. Sounds like some sort of adware or spywhere installed on the pc. I have used spybot search and destroy from download.com. While it did work good it was fairly complicated to use.

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

This gay guy at my company is always talking about his popups. I told him, "Hey, your time, your life, I don't wanna hear about it".

7. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Sounds like you have some spyware on your computer. Download a program called Spybot and another one called Adaware. Between those two, they should clean up everything for you.