Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody going to TDS safari in Truckhaven Hills tomorrow

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bajaviking, Mar 4, 2005.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Is anybody going to the TDS Safari in Truckhaven Hills tomorrow?

2. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Are you?
    The ChainLink is there already.

3. bajaviking

Yes, we will arrive late tonight, our group is 5 Heeps and 2 Blazers. My Blazer is a yellow 86 with 37" boggers and a prerunner style tube front bumper, if you see us feel free to join.

4. bajaviking

Came back yesterday after a weekend full of breakage. On the way to TDS my clutch failed and I had to drive it about 150 miles without clutch to get to the campsite. The next day in the morning we took down the tranny and found that a piece of metal had broken of which caused one of the springs to pop out. Went to Autozone and bought a new clutch and went wheeling, this whole thing took us about 3 hours. A few hours later I broke my left front ujoint and outer shaft but with the right side still working and the welded rear I was OK. A few hours later my buddy broke his rear left axleshaft in his 12 bolt, luckily he had a spare so after fighting with the F%#!!?> crosspin for about an hour we fixed it and put it back together and filled it up with a nice mix of reused gearoil and 1 quart of motor oil:D. One off my Heep friends broke his spider gears so we welded the rear diff. solid to get him moving again. Another Heep friend of mine broke his front drive shaft.

5. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

Only damage in our camp was a broken axle in my bros Sammy and tweakage in a heep Full Traction suspension bracket (it was his fault he didnt put the support bracket on when he installed his diff covers). Other than that it was a great weekend.

6. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I broke my front driveshaft, and blew the front cover off the steering box. Also got some more custom TDS body work.