Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody got a bare Sub frame?

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by thatK30guy, Dec 10, 2002.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm kicking around the idea of doing a frame off restoration of the chassis only for the '89 Sub.

It would be easier, for me, to find a bare frame, sandblast it, paint it, lift it and install rebuilt axles under it along with the new crate engine and take out the tranny/t-case.
    Once all that is done, just roll the Sub into a shop and lift the body off and replace the chassis for the "new" one.

So, does any one have an excellent condition, bare, straight, virgin Sub frame to work for my '89?

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Pm IGOR, i think i remember him telling me he or his dad has one.

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I have an '80 and '81 Suburban frame. They still have body parts on them, but the plan is to cut them up for scrap. I'd give you either frame, but I don't think you'd want to drive nearly clear to Canada to get one.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

The 80 and 81 burb bodies from the firewall to rear bumper, how good are the bodies? any rust, damage, my dad is looking for a body to replace his, looking to find one super cheap or free /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Actually, the '81 Body isn't too bad. Here is a picture of it when I first got it. No dents or visible rust. The olive green paint (looks to have been applied with a paint brush) hides the little dings and spots where there might be some body filler. When I first looked at it, I thought it was fairly straight, and it's really not too bad. I have the title for it.

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

pm'ed ya

7. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I have an 84 3/4 ton frame...has a lot of parts, but not rolling frame. Body's kinda rusty, but the rest is in great shape.

8. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

I got one, but it gots a 83 burnt out front clip attached right here in bountiful where you got the "brown turd"