Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody got a frame for a 75 K5?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigBad75K5, Dec 10, 2001.

1. BigBad75K5

BigBad75K5 1/2 ton status

I need a frame for my 75 Jimmy,the frame tips are bent.I wanted to use the 78 frame I have but they are totaly diff.
    Does any one know where one is?Thanks Chad

2. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I believe sluggo45acp has just that. But, it is all the way down here in TX near Dalllas!

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by tx85gmcguy on 12/10/01 03:00 PM.</FONT></P>

3. vince13

vince13 1/2 ton status

Let me check with my buddy he has one but don't know what he is doing with it, only problem is i quite a ways away from you.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Have you checked with a frame alignment shop to see what it would cost to just have your current frame straightened? Swapping out the entire frame is a pretty big job. I'd gladly pay a few hundred bucks to have one fixed before attempting that adventure! [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

5. Tatman

Tatman Registered Member

I have frame and axles for a mid 70's Jimmy, believe a 75/76. Just sitting out back. Got it for parts truck. Stripped it down, that's what I've got left.
    And I'm not that far from you... NE Indiana.
    Have no idea for a price... can let you look at it and make offer. I just got a digital camera this weekend. Let me take a pic tomorrow and I can e-mail it to you. E-mail me at tatman@skyenet.net if you are interested. I'll reply with the pic.

Brian
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.saddletramps.com/BlazerK5.htm>www.saddletramps.com/BlazerK5.htm</a>

6. BigBad75K5

Tatman,I sent you an e-mail.

I know its a big job,the body's already off the frame!LOL

The frame has been welded on a few times and it looks like someone already tried to heat it and bend it back into place.
    So I'ld feel better after all this work putting a better frame back under it.

Thanks for the replies.

7. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

DAmn dude! You bit off a big ass bite on gettin this rig didn't you? I bet Karen is sounding like a broken record, "I told you so, I told you so. "

Still hoping the GOV'T will ban the use of loud stereos with RAP music. [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

8. BigBad75K5

The bfunny thing is she bitched about my 82 when I had and now she says I don't know why you traded it for that thing,you should have kept the other one!LOL

9. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

I've got a 1975 parts Blazer. nice frame too!

Again, the shipping may not be worth it..!?!? I'm in Phx, Az.

Marv

10. BigBad75K5