Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anybody got a sleep number bed?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by leadfoot067, Jul 9, 2005.

1. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

if ya do how do ya like it? is it worth the money?

2. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Wife and I bought a competitor. 700 bucks for the mattress, no number readout on the remotes. It is great, just takes a few nights to get your side set where you like it, cause of no numbers. It came with one wireless remote and one corded control.

3. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Not me, but a good friend has one. He has several compressed vertebrae and used to wake up in severe pain every day. Ever since he bought one the pain has gone away. Says it is the best thing in the world. As said above, it takes a while to get the settings right, but when you do, it seems to be worh it.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Do you have a website, company name????????????????????

Wife has talked me into getting a sleep number. I really don't feel like spending all that money on a mattress, but if she wants it, well I'm screwed.

5. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

We got a Tempurpedic a couple of years ago....Best thing we ever bought, the only problem is I sleep too deep on it, Its hard to wake up because its so comfy. Plus I sleep like a rock on it and dont turn at all so I do wake up sometimes with a sore shoulder from sleeping akward.

6. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

my ex girlfriends step sister and brotherinlaw...who she was living with had one...and you never could see the husband in the bed..his side "poped" or something..won't hold air anymore..so he just sinks to the bottom..and the step sister/ his wife..is a major beatch..and refuses to get it fixed or get a new one because "her side is perfect" and she doesn't want to "take the time to find the sweet spot" again.... :doah:

personally i think the husband needs to drop kick....um yeah...lol

but she loves it, he hates it..

7. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

We have the Sleep Number 7000. I think it is pretty good, and the wife loves it. It is pricey though.

8. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Affordable Quality Sleep=845-795-5304. We got the Millenium 3000, with 3" memory foam on top king size. It was like 700 bucks delivered to our door. We just put it on top of our old boxspring and aired er up. No problems or complaints 2 years later. My wife sleeps in a valley and I sleep on top of a mountain. Only issue, standard sheets come loose cause this mattress is taller than a standard mattress.

9. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Be careful with lower costing models. I went with a lower cost model and the warranty as it turns out is ****ty. It's been 4 years or so since we got it and my side has developed leaks and they won't cover it. It had a total of 4 spots leaking (yup from my fat ass plopping on it lol). Plus I noticed with this cheaper model it had fewer baffles so it felt a lot like my camping air mattress where the more expensive brands didnt make me think I was gonna shoot my wife off the end if I sat down too hard. Shoulda seen me tracking down the leaks, I got the two at the hose fixed but the two at the seams of the mattress itself was a pain, thank god for Green Slime! :D

10. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Amen brother! I sleep like a rock, which with my whacked nose and sleep apnea is saying something. Also, back when I was married, the wife wanted her side all soft-n-fluffy and I like to sleep on a brick, so the adjustable was the only way we could be happy.

Didn't save the marriage, but hey, it was a good bed :haha:

-- A

11. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

:waytogo: thanks for the info guys