Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody got any Crack .....s, hehe

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bruiser, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

Was tinkering with the blazer (did move out of the garage on it's own power last week :P ) and remembered I was getting some play. I had some serious cracking around the steering box and the used car dealer bought it from welded it up almost 4 years ago. Here is what I found under inspection.

[​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
    [​IMG]

Well I guess it's time to purchase the repair kit and do some /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif and /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif . Oh well here is Blazer out of the garage for the first time .

[​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Ain't that just about the way things work. Ya make some progress and then somethin else rears it's ugly head. Ah well I spose it's a good thing we really like these good for nuthin, always broken in one way or another, crappy gas mileage, rust fallin off here and there, always dreamin about modifyin, spendin way to much time on the web searchin out parts and advice for the modifyin, wives usually just tolerate, money pits that we all have just to take out on the weekends every once in a while and often beat the tar out of, creations that Chevy birthed just to drive us all batty.

Anywhos bummer on the frame crack but fortunately someone much smarter than us has created a relatively easy fix for your current dilemna.

Good luck to ya in the future.

Allan

3. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

drive that bad boy all night and day and end up at my shop here in redding california and Ill weld up that thing so youll never know it was cracked...

ps... stop driving it NOW until you fix it
    /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

4. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

Don't worry it's not going anywhere until it goes to shop to get fixed. It has a appointment with a wire feed about 40 miles away as soon as I get the rear driveline out of the shop and register it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif