Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anybody got any good rib recipes?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by beater_k20, Apr 28, 2005.

1. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

we've got a bunch of ribs in the freezer, and would like to try something a little different. got a guy at work who keeps telling me he's gonna bring in his recipe (they're KILLER!) but he's been telling me that for 3 weeks... so im gonna look somewhere else. if anybody has any good ones, post em up!

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

six pack of micky big mouths poured into a big bowl, 2tablespoons black pepper, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar and a bottle of your favorite BarBQue sauce. Mix profusely, marinate ribs overnight in bowl in refridgerator, seer ribs over open flame, then baste bibs with remaining mixture and finish cooking on grill. NUMM, NUMM !!! :D

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

not sure what micky big mouths are, but im going to assume that its beer. while it sounds great to me, my mom and sister hate the thought of anything even remotely close to beer. i might have to try that sometime though. thanks unclmatty, keep em comin guys!

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I like a dry rub and mop method. After trimming the ribs well (make sure all the membrane is gone) put a mix of cayenne, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, brown sugar, and a little of your favorite spices on the ribs dry, and let sit for at least 12 hours.

Smoke or indirectly cook them for about 6 hours @ 225-250 and liberally mop with a mix of cider vinegar, juice (jumex is even better), garlic and some of the same spices as the dry rub about every thirty minutes. If you want them really juicy and fall apart tender, wrap them in foil and cook them in the oven for another 4-6 hours @ 200. I like mine dryer with just a little sauce on the side to dip in.

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Agreed. That is probably the biggest mistake people make with ribs. Nothing worse than biting into a rib that still has the membrane on the backside.

I like to season mine up with My own mix of dry rub then put them in those disposible aluminum baking pans (coverd) at 200 for about 4 hr, Im not a fan of ciders or juices so I leave that out. After that I slow cook them on the grill over indirect heat basting them with what ever kinda sauce I have discoverd in the kitchen or on the Web. Food Network is a good source for sause ideals. I like to try diffrent sauce's from around the country.

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

anybody else?