Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody got Edelbrock Shocks?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shadetree, Jul 25, 2000.

1. shadetree

shadetree Registered Member

I have heard lots of good things about the Edelbrock shocks lately. Does anyone have experience with them and are they really one of the best-for-the-money shocks for K5's?

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I have heard that they are really good for on road purposes but when you take them off road, they tend to wear out quickly. Probably some of the best shocks for K5 would be Rancho 9000s or RSX. The 9000s are adjustable, and the RSXs are self adjusting.

90K5

3. shadetree

shadetree Registered Member

I have a buddy with a 4x4 shop in Illinois who claims the Edelbrocks are better than the Ranchos and he uses them in both his pulling trucks and rock-crawling trucks. He has been a Rancho dealer since the mid-80's, but he seems to think the Edelbrocks are better now. I think he has also had problems with the business end of Rancho, though.

I have some tired Rancho 5000's on my truck and I am looking for a good replacement.

4. Eric78K5

Eric78K5 1/2 ton status

Not sure what kind of help I'm going to be here. I have a set of Edelbrocks on my corvette. They are a good road shock. They transmitt more road feel to the car than the stock bilsteins did. I don't know how they'll do on a K5. The car handles better on them, on good paved roads. But to tell the truth, the ride was better with the bilsteins. I'm going back to them.

5. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Just my two cents here, and my truck is IFS, but it shouldn't matter any. When I was lifting it, I asked the guys at Four Wheel Parts about the Edelbrocks, but they said no, they wore out offroad, and they had to replace a lot of them still under warranty. This despite the fact that they made less money off the RS5000's I ended up buying instead. Like less than half. We all know that 4WP's tends to be kinda sneaky, but they still said that. Hope this helps.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Gibson, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's

6. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

If you are willing to pay up to $70.00 for a shock,(Edelbrocks) then just buy the Rancho9000's.They are less expensive, and they work great. You can adjust the ride to meet your specific needs. I have had them for 2 years now, and wouldn't go back to any other.