Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody haul a dirtbike in 1st Gen?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by homemadesin, Sep 12, 2002.

1. homemadesin

homemadesin 1/2 ton status

I sold my p/u (thanks to the Mrs.) and bought the '72 (thanks to the Mrs. - but sincere). I have a sweet '96 CR500 I like to ride when not replying "Yessa Ma'am" to the aforementioned Mrs. I don't have the soft top yet, but was wondering if anybody hauled their 2 wheeled toys in their 1st Gen (or 2nd, I guess)?

I do have the rollbar and have yet to drop in the backseat. Any suggestions.....it getting cold here in CO....not much time to ride left!

2. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i hauled mine that way.had to aLmost put it on its side to fit in.dumped all the fuel out of the carb into the back of my truck.love them fumes.not much worse than my exaust coming in through the rear hatch. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I'm trying to figure out how I Can get my our new Grizzly 660 in my blazer. From the measurements it looks like the top is going to have to come off, oh wait it's allready off DOH! It would be nice to get it in there all covered up and stuff incase of rain or what not.

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yup.
    I've fit a suzuki 500 quadzilla in the back of my K/5 with the tailgate up and the soft top on. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Rayven90

Rayven90 Registered Member

I have done it!!! Though I did not have the travel of suspension that you have, try this. I put in backwards and used a ratchet tie down to compress the shock to get it low enough. If your lucky you will be able to release it when you get it in and maybe it will lodge itself to the top. If not, just tie it down as you normally would. You may not get the gate to close with that bike but you never know. Do it diagnal across the bed of your truck. Good luck!!!!!

Ray

6. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Get a 2 by 12 and if your interior side panels ar off put the 2 by across at the front of the bed and put the bike in front wheel first. use ratchet tie downs. On mine the tailgat wont close but thats ok with me. I still need to measure and see if the quad will fit with the hard top on.

7. homemadesin

homemadesin 1/2 ton status

I got the bike in the Blazer. Took the top off, put a 4x4 between the door jam (side panels removed) and the roll bar. Pulled out one bolt from left and right rollbar flange and dropped in eyebolts. I could even shut the tailgate with a fullsize (500CC) bike. I love it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[​IMG]