Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody have a 400 version 205 t-case to trade.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by thatK30guy, Jul 19, 2001.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

.....for a 465 and 205 mated together?

Anybody planning on checking out my homepage, forget it, I am still working on it!!!

2. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

all you need is an input shaft and a new bearing. doesnt seem like a good deal to you to lose a tranny and case over.
    a guy on POR posted the part # for a bearing that fits standard case with 400 input. i had a hard drive crash so i lost where i saved the number.

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I figured if someone else needs or wants the 465/205 more than they need the 400 version 205, then let them have it. I dont want to pay no difference, etc. Just a straight up deal. I am looking to get a TCI tranny to mate the 205 with.

I also don't want to waste time and money to change the 205 to fit the 400 by spending more $$$$ on parts like the shaft and bearing. There also is a labor charge to machine the hole out bigger to fit the bearing. So, no thanks, just easier to find one already finish and ready to go.

Anybody planning on checking out my homepage, forget it, I am still working on it!!!

4. ask brians60s, i'm pretty sure i saw that very combo when i was at his house a couple weeks ago

<font color=blue>Striving for K5 world dominance</font color=blue>

5. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

the bearing this guy had was no machining required