Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody have a Clodbuster?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thatK30guy, Mar 28, 2004.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Tell me about it. I'm interested. And no, I don't want to hear about the T-Maxx or Traxxas, HPI, and other R/C's. Just the Clodbuster and Clodzilla, etc. etc. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Forget the Clodbuster. You need a real leaf sprung, solid axle with transmission and driveshafts R/C truck. Bruiser

3. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

The Clodzilla chassis arethe way to go with a clodbuter. Talk about flex, yo can almost take one axle to 90* from the groundand the other will still keep 3 tires on the ground! My freinds and I used to run them all the time. The best way to do it is to buy the Clodzilla frame and then aquire the greaboes and other stuff separately. Will be less expensive in the long run. The stock clodbuster is pretty boring if you ask me. Clodzillas are more like the full size monster trucks! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

A Bruiser/Mountaineer is an awesome truck, but not if you want one to bash around with. Perfect for a working scale though. Almost bought one a few years ago. Very hard to come by and expensive!

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I just like looking at them. way too expensive. I still spend too much on my real truck to buy anything now. I have a fully modded Tamiya frog/brat , that I have to MAKE parts for. Just got it to have a piece of my childhood. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    The Clodzilla chassis arethe way to go with a clodbuter. Talk about flex, yo can almost take one axle to 90* from the groundand the other will still keep 3 tires on the ground! My freinds and I used to run them all the time. The best way to do it is to buy the Clodzilla frame and then aquire the greaboes and other stuff separately. Will be less expensive in the long run. The stock clodbuster is pretty boring if you ask me. Clodzillas are more like the full size monster trucks! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was checking out the 'Zillas and geez! Those things are bad ass! I found 'Zilla, II, III, and IV models. Was watching a IV on eBay and it was at $205 but then I went ahead and "buy it now" on a Clodbuster, brand spanking new still in the box for pretty reasonable. I've always wanted a 'Buster so figured with this one being brand new and they're not made anymore, here's my new one. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I've already been checking out parts to convert it to 'Zilla configuration. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. thefarside

thefarside 1/2 ton status

I have the T-maxx 2.5.
    Traxxas

8. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a clod buster on the back of my 12' rolling disc that I pull behind my tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

9. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

I have a mountineer same as the bruiser. Got lucky and found a brand new one for 300$ at the hobby store 3 years ago. You can get boggers for the r/c trucks now too. I want a clod though so I can build a custom link suspension for it.