Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody have a Straight-on picture of this GMC Jimmy Emblem?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Craig Artzner, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I need a good clear picture for an iron-on of this '75-'80 GMC front fender badge. Anyone got one they can post here? I'm also looking for a '73-'74 Jimmy front fender emblem as well. Post 'em if ya got 'em...

[​IMG]

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Haven't got one, but if you can set me up with a shirt print for this, I'd be much obliged!

DSCF0378.JPG

DSCF0378.JPG

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Here you go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you need it clean, let me know and I'll hit it w/ the pressure washer in the PM.

4. Craig Artzner

No that's perfect. I'll clean it up with Photoshop.

5. Craig Artzner

Here's what I did with it...
    [​IMG]

6. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Sweet man

hey how do you do them iron ons? there a company you send the pic to and they send an iron on back or you got somethin special for a printer?

7. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

you can get sheats at grand and toy orint them yourself.

8. Craig Artzner

Yeah I get my sheets at Office Max. Just print 'em backwards and slap 'em on...gotta have a good printer though for them to look good.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

To expand on what Craig has already put out, there are a ton of different papers out there and for different colors (i.e. light and dark color) of shirts. So far I have tried two different papers for lights, some old stuff the wife had laying around which sucked, and some other stuff I got as a free sample not too long ago from a t-shirt printing forum. I tried it out on some shirts and it absolutely rocks, although my medium gray t-shirt I have right now that I printed my agency onto didn't quite work out.

As for the dark color papers, it's actually like a flimsy rubber like substance. I definitely wouldn't suggest it for stuff like text or a design that has a lot of open areas. The paper is solid white and doesn't "go away" like the light color paper. I got some goofy stuff from Wal-Mart a few weeks ago, which in reality is the same price as more reputable papers from other vendors. To do a good test, I vectored (whole nother topic) one of my SRT team patches, printed it and put it on a black t-shirt. Came out looking real sharp. I was impressed.

As for the printer, if you are looking for quality images to be printed out, this is one area that a person has to invest in, but it's not that expensive. I had been reading up what the popular choice of printers were, then went to Wal-Mart (that's the only choice I have around here unless I want to drive further) to see if they had it. They did not. The popular model seems to be the Epson C-88. Wal-Mart ended up having an Epson CX5000 which is a combination printer/scanner/printer. The deal is these printers use Dura Brite inks, which is a popular choice for t-shirt printing. The ink cartridges are not normal like other print cartridges, these printers use something like 4 different cartridges; black, magenta, cyan, and yellow. The multi-function ability helps a whole lot because I can now scan images, drawings, patches and what not and then vector them. The best thing is the printer I got is around the same price as the C-88, which is only a printer.

I'm working on getting into t-shirt printing. Right now I'm just working the design end of it, but down the road I'll get a heat press, which is the only thing I need at this point to really get started.

Anything else you want to know?:D

10. Craig Artzner

Yeah Bubba, I tried one of the "dark t-shirt" iron-on prints and it prints out pretty heavy onto the shirt to the point where the shirt won't "wrinkle" naturally because of the melted paper compound (it was an album cover that was about 10" by 8"). I would only use that "dark shirt" style for iron-ons that I would be meticulously cutting out (like a word or phrase with no big picture).

The white iron on's work great, the only drawback I've found is if you put one on the back of a shirt it tends to wear off gradually from being leaned against, etc. But they work the best because the ink is transferred to the shirt without the paper.

But yeah a heat press would be the way to go to cover all bases. A buddy of mine has one he said he got for $600 awhile back. Not sure what the going rate is for one. :thinking:

What do you use to make your vectors Bubba? I just use Photoshop for everything I've ever done...

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'm using Illustrator 8 right now for vectoring. Most of the time, I switch over to Paint Shop Pro X for printing, I like the print layout feature it has.

12. burban89

burban89 1/2 ton status

Hey Craig, I have a Suburban emblem like this. If I get you a pic could you do me a favor and clean it just like you did with this one?

13. Craig Artzner

Post it up here and I'll do it up, I need a Suburban emblem for my collection anyway. :waytogo: Make sure to get me a straight-on, clear shot just like the Jimmy emblem is pictured...

14. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

Hey Craig, I still gotta do mine. lol It's still in the truck!

15. burban89

burban89 1/2 ton status

Its off the truck Ill see what I can do.

16. Craig Artzner

You lazy bastid :haha: I saw in another thread that your Blazer is topless. Mine is too. I think I'm just gonna leave my fiberglass top hanging in my garage until this fall.

17. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

Lazy:haha: You see all my other theads, I've been buisy!:D Gotta get a girl to iron then on for me, I never used an iron with any luck:haha: I'll stick with my wrenches.:D

18. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

At least you own an iron! :haha: I'm going to have my aunt press the prints onto shirts. She works for a small company that prints t-shirts, hats, and makes heavy duty suspenders. :D

19. burban89

burban89 1/2 ton status

Here you go Craig. If you need a better one let me know, I have more.

[​IMG]

20. Craig Artzner

No that should work just fine. I'll post up when I'm done.