Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anybody have a tire rub the front springs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by beater_k20, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

and if so, what BS and what size tire did it take to do so?

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

3. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

Maybe no one does, the springs on Chevys are pretty far inboard.

4. K588

K588 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My crew cab is an 89 with stock suspension and '04 HD alum rims w/ 285 BFG AT's it rubs when you turn in one direction and not the other.

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i know a guy who is thinking of putting stock H1s on his SRW HP 60, with 32.5" spring spacing, and doesnt seem to think that it will hit the springs at full lock, with a 38" tire. i'm thinking he's nuts. even with a 1" spacer, IMO that's pushing it. what is the backspacing on H1s?

6. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

hummer rims have 7 inches of backspacing

7. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

I know I don't get on here at all anymore , but a friend pointed me to this thread , here is what I have to say .
    You know what is great jeremy ? It is my truck not your's I did not ask for your opinion , and I am going to do whatever the hell I please. You imed me , and asked If I sold my tires. That's It I make no effort to talk to you or do , so Really like I said your opinion means nothing to me . I would rather value an opinion of a person who knows something . And For you to say that somebody is stupid who fabricated his own double ended balanced steering ram from scratch, is saying alot about what you know .

8. 1979jimmy350

i just ran some quick calculations and it seems like it will take around 55 degrees from the straight ahead postion for a 38 inch tire on hummer rims to intersect with the springs

9. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Readymix runs 39.5 Iroks on H1s with a 2" spacer and he had no frame rub at all. I run 37s on 4.25" backspacing and I do not contact the frame or my springs either.

Ira

10. 1979jimmy350

and to add to this the aplication is on a SFA s-10 so the axles stick out side the fender a good amount so contact with the fender and frame are even less of a problem

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

Phil, honestly, i could care less what you have to say. our conversation yesterday got me to thinking, and i posted up here to see if my thinking was correct. i made no mention of you, this thread was for my own knowledge alone. "i'd rather value an opionion of a person who knows something" :haha: i've forgotten more than you'll ever know. you seem to be forgetting which one of us couldnt even properly install a set of body bushings not even 2 years ago. :deal: your reading comprehension is evident with your comment about me saying your buddy was stupid, i said nothing of the sort. :shame:
    the application has zero bearing on the fact that a set of springs spaced at 32.5" is the same on a Yugo as a set of springs spaced at 32.5" on an earth mover. :deal: 32.5" is 32.5" no matter how you deal the cards.

12. 1979jimmy350

i was saying this in refrence to sandawgk5 saying that there was no rub on the frame in a full size and i was saying that this is in a s-10 which is even smaller, that commen had nothing to do with the spring spacing, do the math there is a little somthing called trig plug in the tire size back spacking and distance form the spring you find that you need 55 degrees of turn to hit which is more that you have, why don't you just lay off people for once

13. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Come on guys. Your arguing in the garage... Keep it in IM's or PM's, don't clog up the forum with this stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.