Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anybody have an oilskin coat??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by XHitman396, Nov 18, 2006.

1. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

so i found a coat that i think looks really good out of the Cabela's catalog, and it's oilskin. i was wondering about what exactly oilskin is, maybe just cuz of the name, but im under the impression that it requires a fair amount of maintenance. do you have to condition the canvas often? does the 'oil' come off easily. like on a backpack or something, i dont want that stuff going from that to the bag and then to all my other clothes when i walk to class... do you like yours?? ill probably go check one out at a store sometime, but thought id get your opinions too.. thanks..

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a hat. I have never done anything but wear it. It stays folded in thetruck most of the time. It has been waterproof from day one.

3. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Pretty much the same here. Never done anything to it but knock the dirt off.

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i have an outback duster than for the past 8 years has never been oiled and is still waterproof and mostly clean... lol. it never has gotten oil on anything.
    Grant