Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anybody have any experience buying jewelry?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jishory, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

i have been setting some money aside to get my gf some jewelry, either a ring or some nice earrings. does anybody know a good place to order online? is it better to do these things locally? does anybody know of a good place in the la area?

2. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Buy less, but higher quality (more money)when you do buy. Stay away from your Zales, Helzberg's, mall type chains. There's a couple of different local indenpendant type shops here I shop at. Better quality stuff usually about 50-60% less than what you have to give at a chain and you can get to know the people at the counter. I wouldn't buy online, but that's just me.

3. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

Jishory,
    I get all my gold jewelry and I buy a lot in LA. I go to 7th and Hill street right behind McDonalds. I would go their personally and buy it. Remember if you go to LA you have to barter to get them down to their max. Tell them to charge you wholesale. They wont want to, but they will. I get my diamonds from the same corner just right next to McDonalds. Let me know if your going I will give you exact directions and I'll give you names of who I deal with. White gold is in and diamonds are always in. No yellow gold.

4. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Never order anything you can't see and touch when you pay for it. I've done business with Harry Ritchies, and was pleased with their selection and quality.

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Panty hose and gun. :bow: