Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody have fish?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTBLAZER89, Nov 21, 2003.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Just wondering /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I started this hobbie last year and I always thought fish were boring, but it's pretty cool. I have a Red bellied Pacu and a Jack Dempsy. Both eat just about anything you drop in the tank. Just got the Dempsy yesterday cause my old one died a few months ago. Right now they are kinda fighting ove who's in charge /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Hope you know what your getting yourself into.... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif [​IMG] That was my Pacu and my Arowana.... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i now have his pacu in my 100gal tank /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Does rainbow trout in the frying pan count?

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

pacus can be pretty nasty (pirana cousin) and arowana's have a habit of jumping out of tanks (works well in the amazon for getting bugs, no so good on your living room floor). For 55-100 gallon tanks, I really like Oscars. They can get big, and they are bad azz, but they are a lil bit nicer than pacus and dont jump way out of the water either. My old Oscar Maximillian was great and he only attacked my arm a couple of times when I was cleaning the tank. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

as a side benefit, Oscar's may be able to predict earthquakes... so if the "big one" is comin, you'll have advance warning. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

the pet store I used to go to all the time when I was a kid had a 100gallon tank with a big arowana in it and the guy kept a bunch of big rocks on top of it to keep em in there... one morning the store owner came into the shop to open'r up and the arowana and several large rocks were laying on the floor in the front of the tank. not good! they have amazing strength and leaping ability for their size, so if ya get one, make SURE the tank cover is very secure.

j

6. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'd second the Oscar thing. They're pretty cool. I used to have a couple Red tail catfish, and couple tigerstriped shovel nosed catfish. Those things get huge! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif The place I used to get fish at in Tacoma had one shovel nosed cat that was a little over 4 feet, and a red tail cat that looked like his mouth was almost a foot across. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Z /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. MTBLAZER89

Well since I've gotten this Dempsy he seems to be whippin up on the Pacu a little /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif thinks he's a bad ass I guess.

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

it wont last the pacu will win and as usual J did't read sh!t.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifWhat size tank do you have, we could tell you what you could afforably keep in your tank, not that I know anything about fish..... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

9. MTBLAZER89

32 right now but soon to be bigger. I wanna get 70 gal plus cause these fish are growin fast /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    it wont last the pacu will win and as usual J did't read sh!t....

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif what gives you that idea?

j