Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody Have Info On This K5? Paging Bowtie!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nvrenuf, Oct 14, 2004.

1. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Here's the truck - SENAVADER I'm curious about this truck because the lift & tire size is similar to my project.

I saw the specs listed on Bowtie's K5Crawler site. I'm curious about the amount of offset used on the front Zero Rates, 1" or 1.5"? Standard front springs or something longer? The album linked also has one of the best straight on side pics I've seen clearly showing the front axles new position.

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I remember when they did the narrowing job on that one.

Here is the post Narrowing Job

[ QUOTE ]
    rig's an 87 its got the tbi 350, 700r, 208 case. d60 - 14ff with discs and 5.13s, lockers front and rear. ord crossover, rockrod, and hydro assist. 1350 shafts.

suspension for the front he's using a set of 8" skyjackers with a spring removed and a azkickin offset degree shim to move the axle forward 1-1/2". the rear he's using a set of echobit flips, 6" skjacker springs with the overload and a spring removed, and a custom 1/2 azkickin offset blocks to move the axle back 1-1/2".

[/ QUOTE ]

3. nvrenuf

Oooooo! Me love you long time!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

THANKS!!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

4. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

i have some detials... front springs are standard 8s from skyjacker. also added was a zero rate which moved it up 1.5"

5. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

oops /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
    didn't read MTBLAZER89's post. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. nvrenuf

Is he running 42's or 44's? Standard issue 52's in the rear (with the flip, of course)?

That thing is really nice and your narrowing job(s) look fantastic! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

BTW - Bowtie, thanks for posting. I would have emailed him but I see he hasn't been active in a couple of years so I figured his email addy might not be current. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Wow, I thought my driveline angles sucked. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

That grill setup just gave me a good idea! Cut the grill basicly the same way, but mount the headlights underneath (protected by a custom bumper of course)... That way you don't have to deal with moving the radiator or other cooling issues. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It would also get the headlights down to a more effective postion. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

he's running 44's and the rears are 52s..

i'll give him a ring and tell him about this post, maybe he'll post up.

thanks on the jobs.

10. nvrenuf

[ QUOTE ]
    he's running 44's and the rears are 52s..

i'll give him a ring and tell him about this post, maybe he'll post up.

thanks on the jobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Oh and let him know more pics are required /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif.

11. nvrenuf

[ QUOTE ]
    Wow, I thought my driveline angles sucked. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on Tim, don't start acting like 8" is an unbelieveable amount of lift. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif You're just trying to pimp driveshafts, move along. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

12. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You're just trying to pimp driveshafts, move along.

[/ QUOTE ]

Timmay! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

13. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

More

info

needed

14. senavader

senavader Registered Member

Hey guys, thanks alot for all the props. Bowtie pretty much has all the specs covered. I've been out of the loop for some time now, due to moving around (Austin to Uvalde) employement and lots of side work. Yes, Ric does a badass job on the taper, and yes I do have some new goodies sittin in the garage. What i need badly is time....... Hopefully by the 2005 season comes around I can get the winch that I've had over a year sittin on the floor mounted. I'd also like to get the chromoly shafts that Greg from 4wdfactory sent me with the warn flanges, and if there's time Steve from ORd hooked me up with the hi-steer set up. I'm also looking ahead for longer springs front and rear. Anybody interested in helping!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Again, thank for the props, and thank to 4wdfactory, OffRoad Design, Azkickin Offroad, and thanks to Bowtie for all the help. I'll try to stay in touch, Oooh and how could I ever forget to thank Colorado K5. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif peace out Jon

15. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Hey, those axles look familar!

BTW, this is Matt(Derf's kid), if you don't remember... I tried to help load those axles in the back of the Superduty.

16. senavader

Hey whats up Matt, Yea I remember. How could I not!!! it was the begining of a never ending project /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Hows Ol Fred? Hopefully all is well. I must say your blaze has also come a long way, wish I had that power plant of yours /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. take care, talk to you soon.

17. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Anybody interested in helping!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you know i'm ready to lend a hand. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. senavader

Now were talkin, your place or mine??? date and time????? I buy all the beer and BBQ..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

19. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Ol' Fred is doing alright, he's just been really busy with remodeling the house, so the Jimmy has been put on the afterburner for a while. We need to fix a few things and a lot of body damage from the wreck before the Jimmy sees the roads or trails /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif