Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody Have One of Those "Shelf-It" 's ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BrianDamage, Dec 24, 2004.

1. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

Like JC Whitney sells ? They sell one that is for storing various things, then they have one for your rifle. Thinking about getting the rifle one. Would be really handy when riding around the hunting lease. If you have one, are they made well ?

I think Pace Edwards makes them

[​IMG]

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have the regular shelf from JCW. Padded it like the headliner and mounted it to hold cb stuff and glasses, etc. Real easy to put in, although it wouldn't fit around my console. A little angle grinding :grind: and some cloth/padding later it is up and looks great. Plenty strong for anything that you would want to put up there. My guess is that the rifle mount is the same mounting set up and should be strong.

3. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Had that same shelf in my '88. It works well. Ended up having to swap the visors side to side. It is something like a velvet covering so things will tend to slide if they are heavy.

4. BrianDamage

cool..may have to look into some of that no-slip rubber on the shelf side then

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

We have something similiar in our patrol cars for our shotguns. Has two nylon straps that velcro to the underneath. They are attached to the cage above and behind our heads. Doesn't seem like they would do the job, but I can attest that I have put them through the wringer a few times and I've never had a problem.

6. xtrmjoe

xtrmjoe 1/2 ton status

I took my dash out and moved it overhead. I used that shealf to mount guages, cd player, and cb. Works great and keeps everything out of harms way.

7. BrianDamage

ordered one today... will let ya'll know how it works

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Check it out. The headliner was falling anyway, so I recovered it (padded with packing quilts top and bottom) and insulated the inner roof of the Burb at the same time. Much quieter - roof rack is a wind machine. While I was at it, I padded and covered the shelf. The shelf is great, but you do need to put something on the inside or stuff slides everywhere. You also have to trim it if you have the console.:D

[​IMG]