Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody have the PUR faucet water filter ???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

PUR Are they any good ?? I ordered one via Ebay (New in box) How long do the filters last ??? Are they expencive for replacement filters ???

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

We've got one of those.

Filters last about that long...depends on your water source and how much chit is in it. Us being on city water /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif (i grew up on well water /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif )out filter lasts us about 4 months and they are around $15 - $25 IIRC.

I like it.

3. roadhawg

roadhawg 1/2 ton status

it depends on the sediment in your water, up there in God's country im sure the water in nice and pure to begin with. Depending on where you are i know Lowe's in Rapid City carries PUR brand and you can get filters to fit it there.

4. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Have one and like it. Much better than the poo water that comes outta the tap. I'd agree on about 4 monthes per filter.

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I just bought a Brita thing for the fridge. I bought it instead of PUR because the filters cost less (and Sam's sells them from time to time here for even less in both brands). That was my only real reason, because they looked to do about the same.

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

You simply can't beat an ice cold glass of water from my tap at home or from Little America... I don't care for the taste of filtered or bottled water... or water at most other places...

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I wished I could use one of those on our kitchen faucet. It won't work because we have a sprayer/hose/handle-thingie that will not allow hookups of such device. I just go to the store and fill up the refillable jugs of pure drinking water and pay around $3.50 for 6 or 7 gallons of water. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Wes, those Brita water filter pitchers are really good. Just fill the pitcher with tap water, put in the fridge, and in about 15 minutes, the water has gone thru the filter and its nice and cold also /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Yeah we have a Brita, that thing rocks, only way I like to drink water.

10. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

They have Brita pitchers, or the shelf jug thing that I got. It holds a lot more then the pitchers and I drink tons of water, so it's better for me because I don't have too refill it constantly.

11. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

PUR pitchers rule. Its the only thing a college student survives on /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I bought my mother the crome PUR fachet one, they got well water (of course filtered), it takes the sulfer taste right out and it taste PURe

12. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Ah man, there is nothing better than being able to chew well water straight out of the facet. I grew up on it and LOVE it...there is no sulfer taste in ours and we have no filter on it either. VERY high in iron tho /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif