Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody Have This Article From "Fourwheeler"? RE: Warning Lights

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BrianDamage, May 7, 2003.

1. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

Anybody Have This Article From \"Fourwheeler\"? RE: Warning Lights

I was at the tire place last Saturday getting the wife's tires R&B's and they had a couple of issues of "Fourwheeler" in there.
    One had a real short article on how to hook up warning lights for your oil, water temp and alternator. Anybody have a copy they can scan and send me? Tried to find it on thier website with no luck.

I know that it was the issue that you vote for the trucks in the top truck challenge.

It seems like a good idea...I know he said to use a "go to ground" type switch or somehting like that....like you can use one that switches at 205 degrees and then triggers a warning light you install on your dash. I know when my belts came off of my truck earlyier this year, it took me a few minutes to notice (I try to look at the gauges more often now), but I am thinking about installing some of these lights where they are easy to see in periphial vision. Anybody else done this>?

2. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

3. BrianDamage

Re: Anybody Have This Article From \"Fourwheeler\"? RE: Warning Lights

cool those quickcar ones look like the ticket.

thinking about getting that headliner that jc whitney and others sell that has the 4 speakers in it and allows mounting of radio overhead...it also has a place right above the drivers head for mounting a couple of gauges..I think that would be a good place for those lights

4. BrianDamage

I'd actually still be interested in that article if anybody has a copy....or at least tell me what issue it was in.

5. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

I just happened to have that issue next to the computer so I scanned in the article. It is from the April 2003 issue on pages 110 & 111 it is the willies workbench. Here is a link to the article. You have to click on normal size to read it.

willies workbench article