Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anybody heard of this

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by schmuck, Jan 25, 2003.

1. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

my drivers side window is not going up or down more than an inch at a time and i have to wait at least a minute inbetween each try and it will not go further down than halfway. the last time it got below 40deg it gave me a little trouble and the last 2 nights it was in the 20's so maybe its just the cold weather but today it got up to 53deg and i ran 4 gallons of boiling water down the inside of the door and last night i put teflon grease on the tracks ive already changed the motor in the passenger side door and anyone who has done this knows that its a pain in the butt so if i can avoid changing the one in the drivers side i will be realy happy

2. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

spray some silicone lube down the window channels. i has an old yota pickup and in the winter it was impossible to roll up or down the window, so much so it bent the teeth on the regulater. i sprayed the channels and no more sticky windows

3. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

put teflon grease in the channels i realy need this thing to work im going wheeling tomorrow

4. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

Lots of older trucks do that. Some times it helps to pull on the window (pulling down) so that it takes some of the strain out, and it has something helping it go down. BTW... hwy are you rolling your window DOWN when it's 20 dgrees out? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

tried helping it did not work when i had the door pannel off i could hear the motor trying to work it just wasnt and i like the cold alot i live for it plus i was at a drive through