Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody hee convert from TBI to MPFI?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Nov 12, 2001.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Was just curious if anyone here has converted their TBI equipped K5 to Edelbrock's or Holley's MPFI kits! Was wondering what kind of improvements were realized....

I am about to purchase (i.e. this week [​IMG], 11/13/2001)a 1987 K5. I am so excited. I has a 4" lift, 33's, Flowmaster

2. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

I just want to get any kind of fuel injection going on the brick I call a daily driver.

Ken H.

'85 K5 in process

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

For some reason I'm brain farting and can't remeber who was running the Edelbrock conversion [​IMG] but I know he had some mods and was kind of struggling to make all the power he should. Quite a few members have gone TPI though. One of the most impressive one's is BlazinOR's 406 TPI setup. It is SWEET! I would love to go that route, but will probably go w/ a modifed 350 or 355 setup w/ tpi.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

OneLeft has an Edelbrock MPFI conversion kit on his K5. I don't know how often he checks this board any more though as he's going over to the dark side... [​IMG] He was getting a 383 powered Land Cruiser last I heard. [​IMG]

I'm planning to install the Edelbrock MPFI kit on the 454 in my garage before stuffing it into my '90 Suburban. Just bought the throttle body at the JY on Saturday. (Need it to feed air and provide the TPS input, since the engine didn't have the stock throttle body on it when I bought it).

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

This has nothing to do with you post sorry, but GO RAMS!!! I am a freshman at CSU. Its nice to know that there is someone else on this board at CSU. I am a football player here at CSU. I am #66. Glad to hear you are getting a Blazer. This site is the best site on the web especially if you own a K5. Welcome to the site and welcome to the addiction.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

7. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

I'm running it on a 96 Long Block from Pace w/Vortec Heads.
    Happy with the power but, I've been fighting with edelbrock on getting the chip reprogrammed. I have a datascan which I hook up and it shows the blaze running rich. My Intergrator hangs below 128 most of the time and so does the Block Learn Mode (BLM) 110-120. They keep blaming other things even after I sent them the data. Bottom line is they have the fuel curve wrong in the chip.
    Sorry for the long post.....

The Few, The Proud, The K5 Blazer

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

This has nothing to do with the thread either, but Shiner Bock beer ROCKS. Ok maybe this has Even Less of anything to do with it. Hmmmm...A little philosophy lesson may be in order here...or maybe I'll just shaddup. haha

If you do decide to convert, I'd be happy to take your tbi off your hands so it doesn't clutter up your garage!

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>