Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody here have a hook-up at a GM parts dealer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fortcollinsram, Mar 19, 2002.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I have been looking high and low for a Bell Housing to mount my SM465 tranny to my 87 350sbc with a hydraulic clutch...I finally called GM today and they want $285 for parts #15500202 which they say is the correct bell housing for my application...I am SUPER strapped for casha nd need ALL the help I can get...Does anybody here have a hook-up at a GM parts dealer that could help a fellow K5'er out? Thanks for the help gang...

Chris

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I think 15530202 is the number I used
    I paid around that in canadian funds so you should be able to beat that by a lot
    go junkyard shopping

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I do, but the guy with the hook up is in PHX. If you know what one weighs you might be able to check shipping cost, and if it doesn't weigh to much I might be able to get my dad to ship it to me. I will give the part number to my guy with the hook up and see what he can get if for.

I just gave the part number to my buddy, and he will look up his price ASAP. Hope I can help you man.

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

There's a guy in Burbank that has a shop and he works mainly on pre 91 gm trucks. If a used part would work, maybe he has something. He told me recently he has a whole warehouse of gm parts, including body. Guy's name is Henrick, at www.gmpartscenter.com I think. I checked the site and it's not up right now. But maybe calling info for the phone number. In Burbank, CA. He'd probably ship to you.

5. BUSCO

BUSCO Registered Member

I went to gmpartsdirect.com using the # that MJ gave and they have it for $170

6. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/album/13180252EPlFnPcEPJ>http://community.webshots.com/album/13180252EPlFnPcEPJ</a>

all the part numbers I needed are in that album (scan of my notes)

guessing you are swapping out an auto?
    87 firewall has all the drill spots marked for easy hydra clutch install (my cab is 87 2wdr auto from wreckers)
    you have to go check out a wrecker, the pedal assembly is usually scrap to them.
    you want to rip it out yourself so you get all the small parts