Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody ID this compressor valve?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gibby2268, Aug 17, 2006.

1. gibby2268

gibby2268 1/2 ton status

I've got a Saylor Beall VT-PL-735-80 compressor that I picked up on epay for $400. Works great but a while back I noticed there was a valve (or something) that had apparantly come loose and fallen off, and now I cant find it.:doah: If you saw my shop, you'd understand...:crazy: Anyway, can anybody ID it and more importantly, will it be ok to run without it? When its running, as it goes through its compression cycle, a little escapes as it compresses. Any help would be most appreciated! Link to pic.
    http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/rgibson30/84_1.jpg

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

cant seee it!

Need a better picture!...my "Champion" monster 2 cyl compressor looks similar to yours,same green paint even!..if the valve has a diaphram in it like a fuel pump,it could be the "centrifical unloader" valve,that lets the compressor "free wheel" with no compression,until it reaches a certain RPM...

If you can get a better close up photo,maybe someone here can tell you exactly what it is..I have a "Grainger" catalog,that has pictures of air compressor valves,so once I see it,I could probably identify it..:crazy:

3. gibby2268

gibby2268 1/2 ton status

That pic was the only one I could find on the net, cant get one of mine because the only thing there now is a threaded hole.:doah: I'll look and see what I can dig up, I may just email Saylor Beall and ask them, but I'll bet you're right about it being the unloader valve. Does still start up fine though, but I havent run it at high pressure, might not then.