Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody in New Orleans, LA??

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KYRO72, Apr 22, 2002.

1. KYRO72

KYRO72 Registered Member

Just wondering if anyone on this board lives in New Orleans? I think I have the only Blazer in this city & would love to find someone locally who knows what they are talking about!!
    Thanks!

2. JohnSPledg

JohnSPledg 1/2 ton status

I'm in Baton Rouge, right now my blazer is parked because my suspension is shot, but I am probably one of the closest ones here. BowtieBlazer is from Lafayette but in Baton Rouge at LSU. What year is your K/5? How long have you had it? Last I counted was about 3 years ago and there were 5 69-72 k/5's in Baton Rouge. 3 blazers and 2 Jimmys. The 2 Jimmys were white and owned by the same guy, my Blazer is white and I bought it from a friend of his. The other blazerz were brown and white and one was John Deere green and yellow.

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

Im up here in monroe. there are only 3 first gens here. tons of second gens though. The three of us and tagurit are the only ones in louisiana on here.

69K5
    nathan

4. KYRO72

KYRO72 Registered Member

I have a 72 K5. The body is Orange with a black soft top. I bought her in Florida about 2 years ago from a guy that was restoring it for his 13 year old kid to race!! It's got a 350 with disc brakes & a roll cage. She is my everyday driver & in great condition except I'm having problems with the soft top sealing up around the windows, major leaks!!

5. NOblazer

NOblazer Registered Member

I live in NOLA. I have a blue 72 with a white roll cage and a white soft top. I drive it 3 to 4 days a week. If you are looking for someone who knows what they are doing, it is not me. HA.
    I just went out there this morning and saw a puddle of oil under her. I love the thing and I have quite a wish list but little cash.
    I need to know, in a bad way who you trust as a good mechanic for engine and/or drive train work. I want to get her running well, but I am not clued in on who is good in dealing with the older Blazer.

6. KYRO72

KYRO72 Registered Member

NOblazer: I take my truck to Will & Lenny's on Glavez ST, there # is 504-822-4636. Kind of a "shady" neighborhood, but WIll & Lenny are super cool. They are the only mechanics I trust to even touch her! Tell them that I sent ya! I have had my truck for 2 years & still have not found anyone around here that REALLY knows about old Blazers. How does your soft top seal around the windows? I'm having problems with mine, it doesn't even come close to sealing..arghhh!
    - Karrie

7. NOblazer

NOblazer Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up. I will call Will today. If you are talking about the corner of the window frame and the gap left where the window rolls up then we have the same problem. It's like the window rail is 1" to tall. Once again thanks for the garage. I went by 4x4 specialties today and I was not impressed. I need someone to help me plan out the build up. I will consult your guys and get her rolling again. Thanks