Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anybody in Sacramento wanna play in the dirt?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by xplosuv, Mar 9, 2001.

1. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

Who's around up here in the Sacramento area? Where do you guys play at?

If you cant go over it...GO THROUGH IT !!!

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I am near Modesto, about an hour south on 99 from Sacto!
    You have a nice place off hwy50 called Prairie City it's by Folsom. I've never been there but it's close too you.
    Welcome abord!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

I have been to prairie city with my quad...i love it but i have never takin my blazer up there...so i dont know how it is for the truck area...

"Hondas look good under a k5's tires"

4. jim82

jim82 Registered Member

I'm in SF, stuck in the city. If you hit some trails i am more than willing to make the drive.

5. Oblin Goblin

Oblin Goblin 1/2 ton status

I live in Davis and would like more info on this prarie city. The only places I've found are the National forest roads up in the Sierras, only problem is that they are a good 2 hours away. The roads aren't much of a challenge, even for my non lifted Blazer, but the views are spectacular.

6. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

I'm in the Bay Area too. Not too many trails around here. There are more Civics to crawl over than rocks!! I hear Sac is like the 4Wheelin Mecca of Ca. I don't know the exact spots but I know there's plenty up there. Isn't the Rubicon just over the mountain in S. Lake Tahoe?

7. bigerik

bigerik 1/2 ton status

I am in Santa Rosa, and I go to Cow Mountain (Ukiah) and Lake Pillsbury (Potter Valley). There is a town called Rutherford up in Colusa County (I think) that has a long public trail to Lake Pillsbury. If you guys plan something, please invite me. Maybe the Rubicon in fullsizes? People in my club have winches and they are all fullsize (mostly Chevy). If it's on a weekend, I'm in!

8. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

I'm in Livermore and go out about once a month to various locations. I want to get something together for Hollister Hills in a few weeks. It would probably be a Saturday and Sunday thing, as it's near San Jose and that's a drive for some people around here. Let me know who would be interested.

David 75K5
    http://www.extremeblazer.com

[​IMG]

9. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

count me in. i've got a map that shows all the state, blm, us forest, etc off-road parks in california, i can figure out what's central, or close to you.
    on the other side of clear lake from cow mountain is a place called knoxville recreation area. then, by lake pillsbury are davis flat, and elk mountain.
    plus all the non state-park crap in between!

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

10. wheelin247

wheelin247 1/2 ton status

have u guys ever heard of frank raines it in ca i would like to get some type of k5 run up there heard it was a nice place i think it it up passed livermore a few miles not sure anybody wanna go here in the next month or so ? ill let ya in in the details as soon as i find out .

11. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Hey count me in for Hollister or Frank Raines. I believe some CK5ers were planning a trip to Frank Raines last fall. I know delta9blazer was part of that mix. Let me know, I'm rushing to get my rig trail ready. Keep us posted.
    Rod

12. delta9blazer

been to frank raines two or three times in the last month. gold rush has been out there recently, also. very nice mix of trails, hills, a little river crossing. trails are as easy or difficult as you want.
    and i'm ready to go this weekend, if anyone's up for it.

13. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

This weekend would be great because the weather is perfect. There should be some good sized puddles from the recent rain. I don't think my truck is ready for some major wheelin yet. I'm going to install my lift this weekend and axle swap sometime this month. I should be ready to go soon. If you guys go out there I'm down to go watch!

14. delta9blazer

what i really want to stress is that this is extremely low impact wheeling. nothing that a stock blazer couldn't do, unless you want to. and if you've got crazy skills and gear, then you can find all kinds of hard stuff, also.
    my rig is my daily driver, and damn near bone stock. i would be sh!t out of luck if i break it. something that the hard-core guys laugh off, like a busted axle or whatever, would leave me crying in my beer. and my wife would flip.
    but, i bought a four wheel drive blazer because i want to go crawling up a hill, splash through a puddle, and carry my whole family doing it. don't wait for your lift kit, or be under the impression that if you go with CK5 guys, you better be a man, cause it's all good fun.

15. adamcarp

adamcarp Registered Member

I live in sheridan, about 30 minutes from sac. it by lincoln/roseville . where is this frank raines place.
    Just finished my 3/4 ton axle swap ready to try it out soon. I have done the rubicon with my blazer.
    A fullsize trip would be great.

78 blazer

16. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

FrankRains is out side of Patterson off I5 between Tracy and Los Banos(sp?) It is smaller than Hollister but still lots of fun!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>