Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anybody in the mountlake terrace/north seattle area

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by avgas, Jul 18, 2004.

1. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

that can stop by and help me put on a hood today or this week if not today? all my friends are out of town /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

damn, your not that close, drive here and Ill help you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif then you can help me lower a big ass bumper & winch /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

drive to black diamond without a hood? and on front wheel drive? that might be interesting, I'd have to make sure my AAA membership was paid up.

BTW ugly are you from black diamond area originally?, just curious I grew up in maple valley.

-jake

4. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

no, im originally from Skyway, then Federal Way, now that I think about they have all had "way" in the name /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif hell ya drive it /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif 3:30 is MgD timem, I have to get the K5 ready to roll Tuesday when it leaves for good, have to pull the winch/bumper, bolt on the doors, and finish a few spot welds on the narrowed rear so its stable for freeway driving /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

5. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Your putting a hood onto your Blazer right? I did mine myself, just need to get it up there and prop it up with like a 2x4 close to what is the normal open position and get the bolts in and started. Then you just have to adjust until everything lines up right, pretty easy really. If I had some time I'd come by and help but I have quite a few things to get done, might have some time during the week.

6. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

that sounds like a good idea but I'm pretty scrawny, so I think I might end up putting it through the windshield or the front window of the house. I actually probably would have tried myself today but it took me the majority of the day to fix my door and get the soft top on, which looks pretty friggin cool BTW. And I learned making a full-topper door out of a crappy junkyard door is not fun next time I'll spend the extra 80 bucks and just get a reproduction truck door shell, at least then I'm starting with something that isn't a POS anyway.

for now I've just got the front end nosed under the carport /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have to get the K5 ready to roll Tuesday when it leaves for good, have to pull the winch/bumper, bolt on the doors, and finish a few spot welds on the narrowed rear so its stable for freeway driving /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You can leave that bumper and winch on...I wont complain /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif ya know...I wouldnt want ya to hurt your back or something /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif just lookin out for ya /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif